Sunday, October 14, 2007

"Sidewalk Sale"



Lots of days on my walk I see a small display of vegetables, fruit, and flowers that are for sale outside this house. I don't know if the family that lives here has a big garden behind the house or if they have one of the allotment gardens. I have never seen anyone from the family----the sign says to put the money for purchases in the mail slot in the front door. I have bought apples, lettuce, cabbage, and zucchini (they call it courgette) from here. (I always wear my backpack when I walk---I never know what I will have to carry home!)

4 comments:

Steve and Joan said...

Cool! You know, come to think of it, Joan does this with her tax clients. She will put her work in an envelope and put it just outside the front door. When a client comes along, they will pick up their package and leave their check. Sort of like selling fruit in front of the house, right?

Staci said...

Yummy sidewalk sale!!! THere are some stands around here where they leave veggies or fruit out and you just leave money in their money box. Pretty trusting!

Anonymous said...

That display of fruit and vegetables, is not as large as Wal Mart. I imagine they are much better since they are home grown. You are really having a lot of experiences.

Anonymous said...

I wish we had neighbors with fresh vegetables for sale! Maybe you should start a garden when you come home. I would put money in your box.