Friday, October 19, 2007

My Latest New Favorite Word

I know I have had a lot of new favorite words here in England, but my latest one is "jumper".

I first heard the word here at the craft show at Exeter. A lady I was sitting beside had bought a big sack of yarn, so I was asking her what she was going to make. She said she was going to make her sister a jumper for Christmas. I thought that was a little strange, but OK.
Then when I got in the car with Alister and Beryl, she asked him if he got too hot in his jumper!
"Jumper" is the same as "sweater" here, and it can be a man's or a woman's sweater. Now I hear the word used everywhere---on TV, in the stores, etc.

So all you guys out there, if it is cool today, don't forget to wear your jumper!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a new one to me!

Anonymous said...

I wore my jumper this morning. It was a little cool here. When you get home, you may be talking a different language from us.

Anonymous said...

What do they call our jumpers?

Staci said...

Caleb - Sweater does make sense...you sweat when you wear them! lol