Monday, January 14, 2008

Our Friendspeak Friends

During the Christmas holidays Ron and I got to see our "other children", our current Friendspeak students that we read with every Sunday afternoon when we are at home. (For those of you who do not know about Friendspeak, it is the domestic branch of Let's Start Talking. We help UTA foreign students with conversational English through reading from the New Testament.)

We got to go out to eat with Andy and Leslie, their son Nathan, and Leslie's father, who was visiting from Korea. We were so happy to get to see all of them! We did not have a camera, so I have written to Leslie to send a current picture of them that I can post.

It did not work out that we could visit with our other students while Ron was home (he left for England a week earlier than I did), but I got to see them before I left the States.
This is Eunice and Stephen (from Taiwan) with their baby girl, Kathryn, who is 7 months old. It was really fun getting to see Kathryn, as I had not seen her since May, when she was only a day old and still at the hospital! She is beautiful! Stephen completed his Master's Degree this past summer and has a job in Dallas. I am so glad that they are staying in Texas, as least for a few years!



This is Jasmine, also from Taiwan. It was so good to get to see her, too!! I really miss our weekly visits. She is working on her PhD in biomedical engineering.



Ron and I look forward to our return to Texas and getting to see our friends every week!
Thanks to Jasmine for having her camera with her and sending me these pictures!!

3 comments:

Staci said...

All the relationships that you form thru Friendspeak are so neat! Thanks for sharing the pics!

Anonymous said...

Kathryn is really cute! I hope Leslie will send you a picture so that I can see Nathan too.

Anonymous said...

I am sure they miss you and Ron too.