Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Just a Cute Kid Story




On my walk yesterday, I was passing by a church where children from a preschool class were leaving with their mothers . A little boy about 4 years old was upset, and his mother was trying to console him. She was saying, "Well, love, it will be much better than the donkey that you were last year."
Evidently the parts for the Christmas play had been announced! I wish you could have heard it in the English accent!
(The word "love" is very commonly used to children and to adults. It is amusing to hear the grocery store check-out ladies saying, "How are you today, love?" to Ron! ...... But then, they do it to me, too.)

3 comments:

Staci said...

I bet it was funny to hear in person! Maybe you should carry around a video camera and have people repeat things like that for you so that we can hear it too ;)

Steve and Joan said...

Thank you, Love! Isn't it fun to slow down and notice joyous moments like that! Are you going to go see the program?

Anonymous said...

The lady from Ireland that lives at Grandma's place always call my kids "love". I like it.