Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Face in the Wall

As I was walking down the same street that I walk down several days every week, I realized that there was a face carved into a stone in a wall in front of a house which is next to a church. I had never noticed it before----it just blends in to the other stones as you are walking beside it. (From across the street, it is very obvious. I just had never walked on the other side, as there is no sidewalk on that side.)
I wish I had seen it while the girls were here, because they would have liked to see it. (I am sure Ron would have had to make up a story to tell them of how the little girl got stuck in the wall! Steve, maybe there is a story for you.......??) I hope I see people outside that house or church some day so I can ask them about the face.
The first photo is my normal view of the wall. The other photos are from across the street.

5 comments:

Staci said...

Strange! That's cool that you notice something new on a wall that you've walked by every day! I can see how you missed it. I couldn't see it in the first picture.

Steve and Joan said...

You are soooo right!!! The face in the wall is a very good topic for a story!

Thank you for sharing this with us!

Steve

Anonymous said...

I think you should go knock on the door and ask about it.

Anonymous said...

I don't think it was that one, but we have a picture of Katelyn kissing a face in one of the stone walls there. I will have to find it now...

Anonymous said...

I am glad Julie and family got to go on those walks with you. You see so many interesting things.