Thursday, August 16, 2007

Learning New Things

Isn't it amazing how quickly and how often kids learn new things? Lauren and Katelyn learned a lot about England while here for three weeks. Hopefully,in years to come, they will remember some of what they learned!
These photos don't really have anything to do with England, other than the kids learned these things while here.

Lauren learned to tie her shoes!


Katelyn got much better and quicker at playing dominoes! She can really count those spots quickly! She also got really good at riding scooters.


Collin could already climb up stairs, but he learned how to go down them really quickly----sometimes by scooting forward one step at a time and sometimes by crawling backwards. However, if he was really tired, the stairs looked too overwhelming for him, and he would stand at the top and "ask" for help! Several times he said, "Grandma!" really plainly-----how could I refuse to go and get him!

4 comments:

Staci said...

I bet you LOVED hearing "Grandma"!

I noticed how well Katelyn knew her numbers when she was telling me what the numbers were on one of Brody's new toys! I was impressed!

So will Lauren tie Katelyn and Collin's shoes now too?!?

Steve and Joan said...

Lauren and Katelyn had a lot of fun swimming when they got back to Texas. Collin was so tired he was not willing to try it. We sure had a lot of fun with them!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! You have got to get me copies of all the ones with the kids. Spending a month with you guys really does accentuate how much the kids change in that short amount of time. Makes me wonder what I am missing every day...

Anonymous said...

Great blog and great pictures. I check to see if you have written anything every day. I have learned some interesting things about England and want to learn more.