Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Weather Report phrases, part 2

These are a few more of the unusual phrases that I have heard on the weather forecasts on the "telly":

"It's a cloudy, dull affair today."
"murky with spots of brightness"
"wee bit colder"
"odd spot of rain"
"smashing day"


and my favorite, but not used often enough -----"glorious sunshine" !

I thought that I would have more odd weather phrases to write about now that the cold weather has come---but these are the only new ones that I have noticed. Do you think that maybe the "odd" phrases are sounding normal to me now??

2 comments:

Staci said...

I like "smashing day"! I think I'll start using that one. "It's going to be a smashing day!"

I'll have to ask Mom if you're using English phrases when you talk to her. If you are...I'm guessing that it all just started sounding normal to you!

Steve and Joan said...

Lauren taught me how to say box the English way... "bahxs". I'll practice on that one for the next time I go to London.

Steve